Cathedral. Paintings on nave roof; wall memorial; bosses in 15th century porch; exterior frieze.
Green man in the porch of the Cathedral.
St. John's Parish Church, Church Street.
This church replaced the old parish church, originally located east of the Cathedral. In 1402 a petition was raised by the townspeople to relocate the church to its present location.
This church has a green man in its porch and other corbels. It also has a 'badge' of Henry IV above the south porch - a carving of an antelope.
Green man in the porch of the church.
Enlarged version of the same image.